Pennsylvania Council of Trout Unlimited will present its annual awards during the fall meeting on Saturday, Sept. 18 at The Hall at Kinton’s Knob, 6441 Lincoln Hwy, Bedford, PA 15522. Nominations are due by August 15. An online nomination form is available on the PATU website at https://patrout.org/index.php/patu-awards-nominations .There is a huge amount of extraordinary work being accomplished by PATU chapters, as well as many individuals, and that work should be recognized.
If you are aware of a group, chapter or individual you feel is worthy of a nomination, please consider filling out a nomination form. Forms may be emailed to Rachel Kester at [email protected] or mailed to her at PATU P.O. Box 5148, Bellefonte, PA 16823. Please note: nominations for Best Newsletter and Best Chapter website (described below) should be sent to Brad Isles at [email protected] . Below is a brief description of each award with eligibility criteria when applicable:
• Edward Urbas Award for Best PA Chapter– This award is given to the chapter that best exemplifies the work of TU, including involvement in conservation efforts, community activities, outreach, youth activities, etc.
• Best Small Chapter Award– The same criteria used in the Edward Urbas Award will applied to this award, but it is limited to chapters with 150 or fewer members.
• Best Chapter Project– This award recognizes an exceptional initiative, project, or effort on the part of a TU chapter which demonstrates efficient use of resources and which utilizes effective partnerships with other organizations such as government agencies, other non-profits, schools, etc., and which had a notable impact on the community and/or environment.
• Doc Fritchey Award for Outstanding Coldwater Conservationist, TU Member –This award recognizes a TU member with a history of exemplifying PATU’s core values and mission- conserving, protecting, and restoring PA’s coldwater fisheries and watersheds – and who demonstrates a commitment to volunteerism.
• Outstanding Coldwater Conservationist, Professional –This award recognizes an individual, either from a governmental agency, private enterprise, or non-profit organization, who has made an exceptional effort to help fulfill the TU mission of conserving, protecting, restoring, and sustaining PA’s coldwater fisheries and watersheds.
• Outstanding Volunteer– This award recognizes a person who, while not necessarily a member of TU or a conservationist professional, was particularly helpful and who contributed time and effort to supporting a TU chapter or project. Their efforts on either a single project or on an ongoing basis can be considered and described in the nomination.
• Best Chapter Website– Is your Chapter’s website particularly attractive, clear, up-to-date and easy to navigate? If so, send nominations to Brad Isles at [email protected] .
• Samuel Slaymaker Award for Best Chapter Newsletter –If your newsletter includes information about your chapter’s activities that is current, well-presented and clear, and is visually attractive, your chapter may very well win this award. Send nominations, with a few copies of the newsletter, to Brad Isles at PO Box 23, Grove City,PA 16127. A digital copy can also be sent to Brad at [email protected]
• Dr.Jack Beck Award for Outstanding Youth Outreach–This award recognizes an individual who has shown exceptional leadership and commitment to youth outreach, programs, and activities.
• Ken Sink Award for Outstanding Service to PATU– This award is given to a person who contributes to PATU’s mission in a notable way. It is intended to recognize a person who has been involved for a significant period of time and who has demonstrated steadfast dedication to coldwater conservation, protection, restoration, as well as volunteerism and leadership. It is not necessarily presented every year.
• Inky Moore Award for Outstanding Service to State Council– This award recognizes a person who through his or her recent efforts shows promise as a future leader of the organization.
• Diversity Award – This award recognizes a chapter that is shows diversity among the members in the chapter. It is important that chapters ensure that youth, women, and men take an active part in TU chapters. This ensures that TU chapters are able to carry on and it allows experienced chapter members to cultivate knowledge to new members. But it is also important that all members bring a voice to the chapter to ensure forward momentum
PATU Awards 2021 Nomination Form can be filled out online at https://patrout.org/index.php/patu-awards-nominations/. Or fill out, clip and, except where otherwise indicated, mail this nomination form to: Rachel Kester, P.O. Box 5148, Bellefonte, PA 16823. You may also download it from www.patrout.org and mail to the same address. Scanned submissions can be emailed to [email protected] . Call 814-359-5233 with questions. The deadline for nominations is August 15.
Nominator’s Name: ________________________________
**Nominator will be notified once a decision has been made.
I would like to nominate ______________________________________________________ for __________________________________________________
Reason for nomination (250 words or less):